5.13.2005

Forgetting summer

The table stretched
indeterminable and pocked
over aspen chairs and my beaten tie
and unseen and redstriped tiles

I put my quaking thin
hand to my panicked pulse,
stopping the remembering and stopping the twitch
eyeing rough barred windows

The spring punched rampant and green
at my own enclosure, trailing the smells
of lemondrops and children in grass
and I thought, letting my blood stampede

I thought spotless arms and
and smooth chested boys
heaving between my arms

I thought towheads
and amber cheeks
and delighted eyebrows

I thought small hands
and listless summer
and bedrooms thick with sweat

The spring thin and white
over the endless table
and my endless arms,
holding my drooping face in

The uncontained cigarettes dripped
like crumbling amber
slipping between my fingers
and I coughed like a hollow photograph.

3 Comments:

At 20/5/05 01:41, Blogger OrangeDrink said...

save?

 
At 20/5/05 03:57, Blogger Tali Beesley said...

wasn't me.

 
At 26/5/05 09:37, Blogger Tali Beesley said...

oh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home