3.02.2005

She didn't tell me he hit her before I went to the second hand store

Twisting now beside a
stranger's chair and I
swear that CD skipped
or maybe is
but I don't know this
music or this empty shop
and I don't know why I bought
this it's hideous and purple

The bag it came in
rumples easily in my hand
and they're speaking
Spanish which I speak and ignore
and they ask Peyote? and acid
which they've given up
since the wake and I
mutter downcast until they leave

They're out of ribbons
I didn't ask for
but the bob haired girl apologizes
wrapping purple in purple
and tied in hideous purple like
tattoos on bruises and the CD just keeps
stuttering for or four or fore
I don't know which but I hate its insistence

Debit Visa 9683 $54.32 yes
for Clare who broke
and Thomas with flowers postmortem
or post at the least
and I leave the store
with my hand in purple

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home